1. All contacts must be made with amateur stations working within authorised amateur bands, and subject to Licensing conditions.
2. Contacts made do not necessarily have to be with members of Orkney Amateur Radio Club. If a contact is made with a non-member then supporting documentation will be required as proof (ie, a QSL card or Certified List). Any supporting documentation supplied will be returned with the Award; please note however that Orkney Amateur Radio Club cannot be held responsible for any loss/damage to any such documentation.
3. Short Wave Listeners are eligible for the Awards on a "heard" basis. Detailed logs showing both parties must be submitted. This is subject to rule 2 above.
4. Contacts made prior to the start of the Awards' scheme are acceptable subject to rule 2 above.
5. For the Worked All Orkney Islands Award, only islands on the official list are acceptable.
6. For the Worked All Orkney Parishes Award, only parishes on the official list are acceptable.
7. For the Worked All Orkney Islands Award and the Worked All Orkney Parishes Award an Orkney Amateur may be counted more than once if they have operated from different locations.
8. Contacts made through repeaters and other relays are not allowed.
9. No award or endorsement will be issued without receipt of the appropriate fee.
10. The decision of Orkney Amateur Radio Club is final.